Level 1 Tuning Fork Kit (OM weighted C and G)
This tuning fork kit includes:
- 1 x weighted OM 136.1 Hz,with velveteen pouch
- 2 x unweighted tuning forks - notes C & G, making a perfect fifth, with velveteen pouch
- 1 x rubber ball mallet (free with this kit, normal price: £3.50)
The weighted tuning fork is the Mid OM and it vibrates at 136.1 Hz.
According to the ancient wisdom tradition of Vendanta, OM is the primordial sound - the source sound of creation.
The Aitareya Brahmana of Rig Veda, in section 5.32, suggests that the three phonetic components of OM (pronounced AUM) correspond to the three stages of cosmic creation, and when it is toned, it celebrates the creative powers of the universe.
136.1 Hertz (or 136.1 Hz) is the standard frequency of the OM tuning fork.
It is the frequency often used to tune the instruments for Indian temple music.
It is called "Sadja", or "Sa", and is the fundamental tone of the Sitar and Tambura.
The mid-OM tone is said to stimulate the Anahata (heart chakra) and hence is widely believed to be good for meditation and healing.
The 2 notes of the unweighted tuning forks are: C at 256 Hz and G at 384 Hz.
Playing these 2 forks together creates a healing musical interval of a perfect fifth, which is calming, nuturing and balancing for the whole body.
It is good for health challenges associated with stress.
Research by Perkins (1994) and cited in the Harvard Business Review, states that 60% - 90% of visits to physicians / medical doctors are stress related.
The tuning forks in this set can help to alleviate the symptoms of a wide range of physical, emotional and mental health challenges.
In India, this Fifth is believed to create a sound through which Shiva calls Shakti to the Dance of Life.
It is strongly recommended that if one is starting to enter the amazing world of tuning forks for healing, begin with these ones.
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU DO NOT ALREADY HAVE AN ACTIVATOR FOR TUNING FORKS, YOU WILL NEED TO BUY ONE.
We sell 4 different types of activators:
- Wooden mallet with a rubber ball end - good for both unweighted and weighted tuning forks
- Red rubber activator - best for weighted tuning forks
- Black rubber activator - best for unweighted tuning forks
- Leg activator with strap - good for both unweighted and weighted tuning forks
We also have a short online focused on OM tuning forks - click here for more details.